Monday, November 17, 2008

Mundane Monday

Not much to write about today, but I don't want to get out of the habit so I'll write about my mundane Monday. Started the day with 2 cups of coffee like I have done every day for many, many, many years. The highlight of my day was lunch with an old friend I hadn't seen for about 15 years. It was great to see him and get caught up with all the things that have happened in his life since I last saw him. When we parted we both agreed to get together again soon, but we didn't make any definite plans. After lunch it was time to get into my normal Monday routine again. Since I retired I have been washing and drying the laundry every Monday, and my wife, Marlene, folds the clean laundry and puts it in a basket for me to carry upstairs to our bedroom. Monday is also the day I have to collect all the trash from the wastebaskets and then take the big trash container down to the end of the driveway for the pickup on Tuesday morning. Neither of these weekly chores take much time so I still have plenty of time to do whatever else I want to do on Mondays. I did practice my guitar and singing this evening so I will be ready for the jam session tomorrow afternoon. The afternoon jam sessions usually have less than 10 participants so we usually get a chance to do at least 5 songs each. I have about 2 dozen songs I can do from memory, so I like to have the chance to to more than 2 or 3 per jam session. A few of the participants don't do any from memory, and nobody makes a big deal about it.

No comments: